Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Wednesdaymania 313: When Life And Art Are One

In Which I Am Losing My Mind Over Indies
You may have noticed that it's a weird time to be a fan of any kind of sport, much less wrestling. While the latest Basho continues (with one wrestler, Chiyomaru, pulling out due to having two consecutive 37.5℃/99℉ tests), the American Professional Wrestling scene is much... sparser.

See, we're no longer (in my state, at least) advised to have gatherings of over 10 people, which is not helping my anxiety at all, but will probably help limit the spread of COVID-19. This means that wrestling events... aren't advised. Yikes.

But here's where things are getting freaky, because you know how I've been talking about that wrestling novel I've been writing?

Uh...

One of the plot points I've been waffling on because I thought it was too unrealistic is about to become a reality.

Because wrestlers aren't able to wrestle, and that's literally how they get money, so there is now an actual factual Indy promotion which is planning to stream wrestling matches from their own private ring into your homes so you can stay home and watch cool wrestling while actually SENDING MONEY TO YOUR FAVORITE WRESTLER VIA THE STREAM.

HOLY CRAP.

THAT'S LITERALLY THE MODEL FOR MY GUILD OF WRESTLING PROFESSIONALS.

Hopefully, Freelance (the promotion in question) will be chill about this and not call me out on this because I've literally been hammering out the idea since last freaking year!

So, yes, hopefully when this novel, written by yours truly comes out, and you recognize the business model therein, you don't think I stole the idea from them (or that they stole the idea from me, because let's face it, the moment Twitch.tv appeared on the scene, it was only a matter of time before something like this came up).

Yeah.

Life is freaking bizarre right now.

Stay home if you can, sanitize as you are able, wash your hands, avoid contact, stay safe.

I love you all.

Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!