Monday, March 9, 2020

Fiber Monday 312: Progress and Patience

In Which I have made progress!

It's no secret that I'm an impatient person. I like things to happen on my time, regardless of who's doing them. I don't like waiting for anyone or anything.

It's also no secret that this is super hypocritical because I'm super extra lazy and late for everything.

So I try not to let my impatience take over. But boy, is it hard not to be impatient when you do two repeats of your pattern and it only increases things by about half an inch...

On the plus side, I'm a little less than a third of the way finished!
As impatient as I am, it's hard not to get discouraged, so I try to mitigate the tedium of a slow-growing project like this one by starting new, faster projects like this one:

And this is what two hours of work looks like.
Distracted work, no less!
So this new shawl, worked in a weird yarn that I know absolutely nothing about and couldn't identify if I tried, but which I adore, is a very, very quickly-worked one. I'm using a 3.75mm hook and it's... beautiful. Look at that colorway! It's actually a lot more brilliant in real life - that pink is closer to fuchsia than pastel, and the purple is almost electric! Lovely stuff.

It works so quickly because it's mostly chains, which, you know what? That's awesome. I hope someday to use this style of repeat on a rectangular piece of fabric. Maybe I could turn this repeat pattern into a cardigan, even? Who knows - crochet's versatile like that.

Right, I've got to get back to work, guys - these projects won't hook themselves, after all!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!