Monday, June 3, 2019

Fiber Monday 223: Many Projects

I promised you I'd show you some of what I'm working on besides our Lost Souls shawl, so here we go:

The shawl when I started today

Showing you my measuring tape

It's about 25" across


Which makes it about 64cm across.


It's also pretty wide long (about 12" or 30cm)

This is my weird tunic-thing I'm working on.
It's getting wide enough, I think?

~18" (46cm) wide


And about 29" long (73cm)


This long thing is the mesh border of a curtain I'm trying to make.
Trying is the operative word, because this is an exceedingly tedious process.
Basically, I'm making graph paper out of mercerized cotton...

This panel will be about 35" across (88.5cm)

and this section so far is about 1.5" across (4cm).
I need 3 more rows, which will be about 0.75" more (or 1.5cm?)

Finally, we have my weird Downton Abbey shrug, which will have longer arms than the pattern called for.
I don't like in-between sleeves...
This is a locally sourced wool lace dyed a color described as "red hot dogs".
Sometimes it looks more pink, sometimes more orange, but usually this nice salmon color.

It's a little over 43" long (~109cm?)


And about an inch and a quarter wide (3cm?)

So that's some of the projects I'm working on right now! I'm pretty happy with my progress on all four projects :) Hopefully by the beginning of July, you'll see some real garments shaping up! Or more of the panel...

Regardless, today is too nice to sit around and type in my room - I'm going to go outside in a bit!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

PS: I'll be honest, the "something" link this week is just so I can go back and find that video - I'll need it for some of the other projects I'll be working on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!