Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 224

Today is gross. It's about the same lighting we get juuuuuuuust as the sun starts to rise, but there's no sun. Not today. No sir. No, today we have rain. Buckets and buckets of rain. We did not get the ladybug clouds on our radar, it was actually a storm.

Would you believe it's gotten colder since I woke up at 8:30AM?! It was 58℉ (~14.5℃). Now it's 57℉ (~14℃). I'm a single cup of coffee in, and I'm ready. I'm ready to go back to bed. Ugh. Why.

While this weather will do wonders for the gardens my mom has put in (including some pepper plants that I'm excited for), it has absolutely tanked my morale, which was already dangerously low, since I've had to do the literary equivalent of ripping out a whole project twice this week :( I just wanna get this done!

Whining aside, though, here's an update/followup on what I said about the cat yesterday.

Here she is. She looks so cute, relaxing in the sun. I miss the sun.
Evie never exactly ate like a pig, but she could be counted on to dispose of her breakfast most days as of about a year ago. This year, however, there's a polyp growing somewhere in her sinuses. Or throat. Or ears. No one knows. It hasn't shown up on any x-rays, so she needs a kitty MRI. This is easier said than done, since that is about 80 miles away from us and across several highways. And my mom hates highway driving.

So she has an appointment on Thursday to talk to the vet. Why? Because she's starting to stumble a bit, she's lost too much weight, and she can barely swallow. My mom wants to see if there's anything the vets can do to help her gain back some weight before we drag her down to the big-time vets and see if they can help.

Poor kitty. She's sleeping in her blanket tent right now. I can hear her squeaking past the polyp (it's gotta be in her face).

How about something less sad?

I drank a tea and didn't hate it.

If you've been here long enough, you've probably learned that, while I love the java jive, I'm not down with tea. I like iced tea (occasionally), and I like fruited teas (that is, teas with tons of fruit chunks floating in them), but I've yet to find a tea I can drink more than once. Usually, they're too weird for me.

But last night, I'd had too much caffeine and needed to trick my body into relaxing, so I turned to chamomile as a last resort.

I've done this before, but I wasn't particularly impressed with anything but the results.

This time, however, I had a different brand:

I had Stash before, I think? I don't remember...

Two different mints? Four different flowers? Undefined "spices"?
Okay. Also, what freaking tea has gluten?! Seriously, I'm curious now.

Mm. Weird floral leaf water.
It was a subtle taste - somewhere between bitter and floral. It had earthy undertones, the cooling mint sensation, and it smelled... really nice.

It honestly reminded me of an old, old, old general store - it smelled a little like wood, old spices, and dried flowers (since it basically was two of the three).

I managed to get to the dregs before it made me shudder, which is a new record for me! 8/10 would drink again. Still not keen on the "I'm drinking bath water" consistency. I like my hot drinks thicccccccc.

Anyway, you're not just here for the rambling, you're also here for the planning:

  • Tomorrow I'll probably talk about NJPW's Dominion show. Spoilers: It was great.
  • Thursday will be an art day, though I'm considering another break from my logos - that darn bowl is bothering me.
  • Friday, I'll be talking about Walk Hard, because it made me laugh.
  • Saturday will be all about dem vidya gamez.
  • Sunday will be another noodle adventure, but not from an Umai crate, and not ramen!
  • Monday will have more shawl progress, I promise (I hope I get some done today!)
  • I'll see you next Tuesday for more talk! Hopefully I'll have good news.
I'm gonna go get a second cup of mocha, then I'll probably do some work on the shawl while I ease the rest of my way into the day. I just can't seem to wake up. Do not send me the Goofy version of Wake Me Up Inside. I've already seen it. I don't need it stuck in my head all day.

Dangit. There it is anyway.

lol.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!