Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 225

Once upon a time, there was a filthy little Casual who walked across town on a very warm day. Despite drinking a full liter of water and wearing sunscreen, the Casual was still very, very toasty, no matter how much they relaxed in the cool darkness of the house. After having some pizza and potato chips and enjoying some time with their partner, the Casual walked back across town to go to bed. It was much cooler at night.

It didn't occur to the Casual that, perhaps, one liter of water wasn't going to cut it, so they went to bed without pouring another liter to sip throughout the night.

No sooner did the Casual try to go to bed when their heart started pounding. With a history of anxiety issues in their family, the Casual tried to calm themselves down and just sleep through the pounding, but it was too hard to relax.

It took the Casual almost an hour and a half to realize why their heart was pounding and why this was such a familiar feeling.

One liter of water on a 78℉ (~26℃) day is not sufficient to hydrate someone performing physical activity like, say, walking over a mile and then consuming vast quantities of sodium and sugar...

I dehydrated myself pretty badly last night, and it scared me. Thankfully, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was that one time that I ended up nearly passing out at Z's place with the whole world tilting rapidly and wildly around me...

Oh look, it me.


Regardless, folks, hydrate. For God's sake, just suck down way more water than you think you need. You need it. More than 1 liter. Go for two. At least.

So there I was, 4AM, stumbling around the kitchen and pouring a tall glass of water or two before grumbling my way back to bed when I saw it.

There was a huge raccoon in my yard.

And that was Storytime with the Dehydrated Casual. I've already had two glasses of water this morning. Thanks for asking! :)

As for the upcoming schedule:

  • Tomorrow, I'll probably talk about whatever wrestling news I come up with, maybe discuss my unhappy relationship with the Attitude Era and the dawn of DX
  • Thursday I'll be doing artwork - not 100% sure what of...
  • Friday will likely be about the movie I saw last night because... wow.
  • Saturday will be some casual game that I start playing
  • Sunday will be about some noodz probably.
  • Monday will have more progress (probably slow progress) on that skull shawl
  • Next Tuesday, hopefully I won't be complaining about my hydration status, lol
I mean, if I don't find a game on Saturday, I'll probably just nerd out about all the games I'm excited about. There are... so many.

Alright, that'll do it for me - time for more water!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!