Monday, February 11, 2019

Fiber Monday 207: Amigurumi Cat

Today has been a rough day, crochet-wise.

I started a pattern which has been translated from Japanese (although it's actually better English than some patterns I've tried that originated from, like, New Jersey or whatever...), and it's an adorable cat doll, but...

Guys...

It's got diagrams!

I'll be honest, though, I only made the head today. I'll be working piece-by-piece, so that should be fun, and hopefully it will keep me occupied until I figure out the next project!!!


















So, yeah, I added eyes even though I hadn't checked to see what would be going on with the rest of the pattern yet.
Turns out there's a muzzle.
Hmm. Hope the eyes aren't too low!


Another note on the eyes:
These have something like a screw-back, but you don't screw them in.
They snap onto a little plastic donut behind the fabric.
I just slipped them through a space in the stitches and hoped they weren't too lopsided.


One last thing to note on the head:
It will look lumpy when it isn't stuffed.
Hopefully some of the lumps come out when I stuff it!
I'll be honest with you, guys. This is going to be a de-stash project. What is that? It's how you ditch a bunch of yarn ends and random bits. So kitty's head is this cute oceanic blend of colors, but who knows how much of his body I'll be able to do that with? It looks like a long barrel of a body, too, so... fun!

I don't know what I'll use for a color when this one runs out. I'm going to go hunting later :) Maybe some pink & white for one paw or another? Maybe some blue & white? maybe even some of the other random colors I've got around my room! We'll see what kind of adorable monstrosity we come up with. And then people can yell at me for how badly I join my yarn from one color to the next :P

Alright, that'll do it for me today!

Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!