Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 208

This week has been pretty cold and the weather hasn't been the greatest. I've gone through two sets of cleats for my boots this winter, and I'm wearing down a third. My hometown apparently does not believe in using any sort of de-icing for the sidewalks. As a pedestrian, I find this terrifying.

But enough about the state of the sidewalks, you're here for blog updates!

I'm at over 1200 words (out of 7-8k, that's not great but it's better than the 500 I had last week) on my cannibal vs crazy author story, and I'm going to work on my gimmick-maker story today, too. Hopefully I can make some progress on these because my brain is beginning to rebel at the lack of progress.

I've actually read a book this year, which makes me super happy. I've been neglecting my reading, so finding a book that caught my interest was great. It was Witchmark by CL Polk, and if you're a fan of Gaslamp Fantasies (fantasy novels set in the Edwardian Era), you might want to check this out. It takes place in an original world with magic and war and old-timey psychology and bicycles and maybe gay fairies, so if that's your cup of tea, then this book will absolutely appeal to you. It has a great cover, the writing is great, and I loved it.

How could I not pick up a book with a cover like that?!

Aside from Witchmark, not much has crossed my reading desk, sadly, though I may be picking up a book called Gun, With Occasional Music by Johnathan Lethem. I mean... look at this cover!

Noir detective? Check. Kinda weird steampunk kid? Check. Anthropomorphic smoking kangaroo? Check!
 Special thanks to Z over at Attack the Stack for handing that book off to me!

Okay, so that's my reading habits and my writing habits discussed, so what's next?

...

Oh yeah! What's up with the Blog!

  • Tomorrow I'll probably talk about all the weird wrestling news I've had lately, unless one of my latest Ko-Fi patrons has a particular PPV they want me to review...
  • Thursday will be more art! Not sure if it's bubbles or birds, but something will be put up on this screen!
  • Friday will be me blabbing about either Stan & Ollie or another movie we'll have watched.
  • Saturday might be about the latest merge-style game I've played or something else - I haven't decided yet.
  • Sunday will probably involve the bacon & egg shio ramen bacchanal Z & I had yesterday...
  • Monday will be me working on our cat's front paws!
  • Tuesday will be more blather. Hopefully I'll have good updates on what I've written and how the kangaroo & detective book is...
As a final derping-around note, I recently started watching a channel over on the YouTubes called "Curiosity Incorporated", which follows that adventures (and sometimes misadventures) of an Edmonton antique seller and his family. His latest project involves a hoarder house and -40℃ weather. The words "Nine Tons of Garbage" should clue you in to how bad this place was. Wow.

Anyway, aside from the Canadian with the curiosities, I've been keeping up with PeanutButterGamer's "Sucking at Mario 64 DS" series and with the recently-concluded ProJared run of the Pokemon TCG on Gameboy Color. Wrestling on the internet has been a treat, too, with MLW running great matches & promos and AEW just ripping it up. It's been a pretty good month on YouTube.

I think that just about covers my week!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!