Sunday, February 17, 2019

Survival Sunday 207: Omelet!

Some days, you just really want to eat breakfast. I don't usually feel hungry in the mornings. Actually, I rarely feel hungry these days, but that's beside the point. Regardless, I really wanted an omelet for breakfast today. That's right, you're getting some fresh photos! (Apologies ahead of time for how meh my photography is..)

If you're looking to see what I used here's a list:

UTENSILS/DISHES:

  • a bowl to scramble in
  • a fork to scramble with
  • a clean fork to eat with
  • a clean plate to eat from
  • a nonstick frying pan
  • a large spatula
INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 eggs
  • ketchup (to top with)
  • cheese (to fill with)
  • salt & pepper (to season)
  • cooking spray (to keep the eggs from sticking)


This is 2 eggs, scrambled up in a bowl. Just grab a fork or some chopsticks and mix up the egg until it's basically yellow in your bowl or cup or whatever. You can season with salt & pepper here, or you can wait until it's in the pan!


Make sure your pan is over a very low flame to start with - you want to cook eggs low & slow!

I added my salt & pepper here!

I wanted a cheese omelet, and I like ketchup on mine.
Some people use A1 or Worcestershire or something else, but I like to sauce mine with ketchup.
If I had Sriracha ketchup, I'd use that!

As you can kind of see on one half of the pan my eggs are beginning to firm up on the bottom!

Here's a shot with flash of the whites setting.
I'm not sure why only one half was getting cooked faster?

Seeing that my eggs were getting cooked on one side, I turned up the heat a little and added my cheese to one half!
I chose the side that was heating slower because it would be cooking longer on that side!

This is what it looks like when you try to fold an omelet too early and without conviction.
You gotta show those eggs who's boss. I failed to do so.
My omelet was lopsided and a little messed up looking.

After flipping your omelet multiple times to be 100% sure your eggs are done, you can plate that puppy!
I could've turned the heat up more. Maybe I should've used gas mark 2 to start with?
Regardless, put whatever you want on top and chow down!
Honestly, I could've gone for some peppers & onions in that omelet, but we had none. I've had omelets with hashbrown potatoes inside them, with corn & other veggies, with chicken, bacon, or beef. Basically, if you eat it for breakfast, you can throw it in an omelet. Experiment with omelets! Try adding milk or water to your eggs before you put them in the pan. Try different sauces or dressings! Use random cheeses! Use butter instead of spray oil! Find veggie/vegan alternatives and experiment with those!

That'll about do it for me - I'm due a second cup of cocoa and some Synthwave music :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!