Monday, April 29, 2019

Fiber Monday 218: Experimental Shawl

I have been trying a new pattern this week.

It has taught me a very, very important lesson: read the pattern very carefully before you begin.

Here we see the starting chains on my 5mm hook.
I'm using a ball of sock yarn I had leftover.

Row 1

Row 2

Row 3

Row 4

Row 5

Row 6

Row 7

Row 8

Row 9

Row 10

Row 11

Here, I'm trying to show how to do a Front Post Double Crochet.
Yarn over. Insert the hook behind the stitch.

Yarn over

Pull the yarn through the stitch.

Yarn over

Pull Through two loops

Yarn Over

Pull through two. Done

To start normal double crochet after fpdc, yarn over, then put it through the first chain/top after the fpdc.
I did 2 fpdc, so I skip 2 tops, then y/o and put the hook through the next (third) top.
Finish your dc from there.

Row 12

Here we go with Back Post Double Crochet.
Yarn Over, weave your hook into the stitches so your hook is in front of the stitch you want to bpdc into.

Finish your DC and you have a bpdc!

Row 13

Row 14

Row 15

Row 16

Row 17

Row 18

Row 19

Row 20 (I folded it in half)
I thought I'd done this wrong. The numbered rows only go to 23!

And then I read the pattern a few more times. I had initially thought that I'd need far more material, but!

We're going to repeat rows 18-23 until there's a specific number of "flowers" across the bottom. Then there's 4 rows of border.

I'm still not 100% sold that my single strand of sock yarn will be enough...

If it isn't I'll figure something out!

Regardless, here we go on a new project!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!