Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 214: Wilder By The Day

Today has been strange, but not in a very bad way! I mean, there was some sad news from Christine McConnell, since The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell has been officially cancelled by Netflix :( Boo.

But.

Today also had one of the strangest wildlife sightings I've had since the bobcat.

We had not one, but TWO bald eagles having a mid-air tussle in my backyard this morning.

I've never seen a bald eagle at my house.

I've lived here 30 years and never seen one this far from the harbor, much less a pair!

Their squeaking at each other (eagles are not the most dignified-sounding of raptors, after all) was attracting the wrong kind of attention in the form of a pair of ticked off red-winged blackbirds and a very interested crow, so they had to break off from grabbing each other's talons mid-air and flew off towards, of all places, our local Dominos. It's an odd neighborhood, guys.

The wildlife tallies this week are:

  • 1 coyote crossing way too close for comfort
  • 1 owl in the back yard, just chilling
  • 1 chipmunk stuffing its face under the bird feeder
  • dozens of squirrels doing acrobatics trying to get to said bird feeder
  • dozens of red winged blackbirds displaying their chevrons and screaming
  • dozens of starlings & grackles fighting over scraps
  • an obscene amount of pigeons that keep trying to reproduce on the roof above my bedroom at all fraking hours...
  • six mallard ducks
  • a flicker
  • three Canada geese
  • a smattering of seagulls
  • one lonely tom turkey trying to hit on my neighbor's chickens (which had 0 interest)
  • two angry (or possibly flirty) bald eagles
Sadly, I'm still garbage at photographing wildlife, but one day, I'll try to get good pictures of all the critters around my house!

Anywho, here's what the next seven days are looking like:
  • Tomorrow, I'll be talking about various wrestling topics!
  • Thursday will be an artistic day, which hopefully will culminate in a 100% completed Luigi picture!
  • Friday will finally be the triple-film extravaganza! I hope...
  • Saturday will be about one of the games I've been playing (as usual)
  • Sunday will have something to do with cooking
  • Next Monday, I'll probably have an antique lace pattern to work on!
  • Next Tuesday, I'll talk to you about random stuff again!
I'm working on a few more personal crochet projects, currently, including a vest & a capelet. I've never made an adult-sized garment. This should be interesting.

Also, I'm still working on the book I started in January, but it's much slower going than I'd hoped. Still, I'm going to keep at it. I need to finish this novel. I want to finish it. Because, weirdly enough, I also want to read it. Yeah, I'm that kind of weird writer. I write the stories I want to read because I know they're to weird and niche for anyone to have already written.

As a final note, I just want to mention that... uh... remember my Bathtubs Over Broadway review? Uh... I checked the Facebook post I'd made and someone who's name I didn't recognize had "liked" the post. The name was Dava Whisenant.

Who directed Bathtubs Over Broadway.

So yeah

This week has been strange in a pretty good way!

Go Enjoy Something, folks!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!