Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wednesdaymania 217: Updating

If you watch WWE at all, you were probably getting a bit concerned for Bray Wyatt. The weird puppet, the children's show stuff... uh... this is not the Bray we've become used to.

In my opinion, this is much more interesting.

The manic, cult-leader-turned-children's-show-host thing is really interesting. It's upsetting, unsettling, and eerie. Also, watching Bray cackling while holding onto a chainsaw is pretty awesome.

Speaking of awesome!

Z & I have been watching more stuff on the WWE Network. I know, it's not exactly the most cutting-edge idea, but we've been watching more Mid-South and WCCW shows, and it's really, really fun. There's a shocking amount of Lucha, and I got to see Scott Irwin in one of his last matches. If you were wondering, Scott Irwin was Wild Bill Irwin's (The Goon's) brother. He played The Super Destroyer, and I hate to say it, but I think he would've had a much better and cooler career than Bill, had he not died of a brain tumor in 1987. He only had ten years in the ring to show us what he could do, and he did a lot of cool stuff in that time!

So, aside from some cool southern stuff, Z & I have also been talking a lot about the unfortunate Von Erik family. I've talked about them before, I'm pretty sure. Fritz was a monster. The kids were not alright. If you want to make yourself very unhappy, read up on the whole miserable history. Yikes.

Meanwhile, on MLW, we've had some real whoppers in the ring lately, and the ongoing feud between MJF's resurrection of the Mean Street Posse and The New Hart Foundation consistently outshines the main-event-gangwar between Team Filthy (lead by Filthy Tom Lawlor) and CONTRA (with Simon Gotch). I mean, don't get me wrong, the guys in CONTRA are pretty dang cool, but...

The New Hart Foundation has it

MJF's Dynasty has it

MLW has it

It's good to be a wrestling fan, guys. It's a great time for it. We're coming up on a new age of competition and it's going to ROCK.

Now, I do have one complaint about the WWE Network: Autoplay. I know they're aware of the issue and trying to fix it, but it's really frustrating to try to figure out what we're supposed to watch next when half the time the autoplay won't work. And then it does. But then it doesn't. It's annoying.

Honestly, though, I'm pretty sure that's a Roku problem, rather than a Network-wide issue. Roku has been having an... interesting time with its apps.

Just look at the massive downgrade to the Roku Shout Factory App. Ugh.

Anywho, wrestling's great, and I like it!

Also, Kota Ibushi has signed what he's calling a lifetime deal with NJPW. He's exclusive, now. Wow!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!