Sunday, April 21, 2019

Survival Sunday 216: Eggs Again!

I love eggs. They're a versatile breakfast food and you can do a lot with a little. I'm getting really good at scrambling & frying eggs, but until now, I've been... pretty bad at omelettes. I love me some eggs & cheese, but no matter what I'd tried in the past, I always had too hard a time folding my omelets and they ended up looking... well, I've done one here before...

But this time! I think I've finally gotten it!!!

2 eggs with salt & pepper, bacon bits, Mexican-blend cheese

Pan is on very, very low heat.

As low as the heat can go, in fact. It takes a long time.

A very, very long time.

In fact, I probably added the cheese a little early, but it was getting more & more firm.

Dumped the bacon on top of the cheese because bacon.
 I don't have a picture of how I folded my omelette, since that definitely needed two hands and great quantities of grunting, lol. Basically, I tilted the pan towards me, slightly, encouraging the eggs to fold with my spatula and the side of the pan. Then I tilted the pan the other way and did the same thing with the other side. I probably could have flipped it and finalized the seam that way, but I was hungry, so I just tried very hard to plate it.

I failed to get the omelette out of the pan the first couple of tries, but eventually, I slid it out onto my plate. I wasn't going to fiddle around trying to get the plain side up, either, so seam-side-up it was!

Plating was harder than folding, which was strange for me!
 And, of course, no egg meal is complete without the final ingredient:
Why yes, I am a heathen, thanks for noticing!

It was delicious.

Now, I am sure you've all had what I'm going to talk about next, but be aware that I'm always slow on trends and I don't treat myself very often. I taste-tested something for you!

Uh, not the store-brand thin-crust pizza, that's what I was eating when I drank the experimental beverage!

So what was I having with my surprisingly tasty generic pizza?

It's that new Orange Vanilla Coca Cola!
I'm kind of a Coke-fiend, guys. I love caffeine and cola flavor, so of course I was going to try a new Coke flavor. I also love Creamsicles - orange-vanilla ice pops remind me of the summers of my misspent youth, sneaking ice cream and reading chapter books in my room while my family desperately tried to get me to go outside in the humid heat and run around until I threw up. I wasn't much of an outdoors-child.

On my first sip of this concoction, I let out a quiet, appreciative "oooh". It tastes like summer. It tastes like hot days and warm nights. It tastes like sun-soaked afternoons and late, late sunsets. It tastes like that eternal recess that is summer when you're 10 years old and the world is made of either school or play.

10/10 will drink again. I'm already looking forward to my next sip!

Alright, that'll do it for me today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!