Monday, September 23, 2019

Fiber Monday 239: Pumpkin Set Continues

Continuing Work on the Pumkin Set

Good afternoon people! I am having a very weird morning because today I'm doing research about... uh... ghost hunting. Now, if you know me irl, you know that, while I'm a very strong skeptic about anything approaching the supernatural. I'm an atheist. I'm not a believer in the undead.

But I'm also irrationally terrified of anything supernatural. It freaks me out because I see so many parallels between the basic commonalities of hauntings and all of the various symptoms of mental illness. Also, I'm 100% prone to jump-scares. Some day, I should do a livestream of myself watching something stupid and spooky so you can all laugh at me lol...

So why am I watching stupid ghost hunting shows?

Research. I'm doing research on how these shows are run, how everything goes together, what things are common among all of the different shows, what "equipment" they use, what kind of experts they call in. I know I could just ask people who love these shows, but I need to experience it for myself or it's not going to feel real when I write about it and draw it.

I'm doing research for Spook Patrol, and it's a blast. A spooky, spooky blast. No me gusta por todos. LOL.

So that's what I was watching while I worked on my crochet this morning. Time for some spookies while I work on my pumpkin set, which is decidedly... not spooky at all.


I mean, look how pretty!

Okay, so here's what I did: I made a long rectangle that was a little taller than it technically needs to be, but that just means things are gonna fit nice and comfortably. It's the same Fika pattern I've been using on the fingerless gloves and such, and I've sewn the sides together. I've also started making chains along all of the different bumps, which I did by alternating a single crochet followed by three chains. I did that for two different rows, then I alternated (sc, ch2) around once, followed by (sc, ch) around.


And then I changed to brown yarn up near the top, like a stem!

The brown I had as single crochet all the way across (which was 18 sc total), then I reduced down until it was shut. That means that after my 18sc around, I reduced as (sc2tog, sc) around, then (sc2tog). Thankfully, it reduced easily and smoothly, which was fun! The cuff happened naturally, too!

I had no plans for the rolled cuff on this hat, but I'd made it so long that it just... happened. I was very happy with that :)

By the way, at this point, I was about halfway done with an uncut version of the Ghost Adventures 2-hour video of the so-called Demon House in Gary, Indiana. It made me wonder how unscary these things would be without the spooky music and sound effects. I'd love to see versions of these shows without any of the creepy sound design. They'd probably be even more boring lol.

But you're not here to read me laughing at ghostly shows on the internet.

You want to know what I did with my crochet today!

Well, I did more than just a hat!

Since this set is supposed to be in three parts and I've done two, it's time to work on part #3!

The scarf!

I'm going to use up what remains of this skein of orange yarn and if there's not enough, I've got another skein to keep up with it.

So yeah, Spooktober has already begun for me, so I'll let you go and get back to crochet, art, writing, and really, really stupid tv :P


Look how cool they are! And it's going to be just finishing work soon!

That'll do it for me, today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!