Thursday, September 5, 2019

Thursday Art Walk 236: The Pumpkin Spice Cometh


Today is really pretty, which is a vast turnaround from yesterday's wet and dreary day. The sky is blue, the birds and crickets are singing, it's a gentle 62℉ (~17℃) with 55% humidity, and I have plans to attempt a chicken Mole after my blog is up :)

Really, the only downside of today is that I couldn't sleep at all last night, but what are you gonna do? Sometimes sleep just... doesn't happen.

So, since yesterday was such a bust, weatherwise, I did some art that I'm going to share with you now, as opposed to working all day today on it.


Spoopy times are upon us indeed.

For the first piece, I just took a piece of legal size printer paper and tore it carefully in half. Yes, that's torn. I worked over the crease with the ends of several pens and markers to make it easier to tear.

It may be hard for you to see the undersketch above, what with my camera not loving pencil marks in cloudy lighting, but never fear - I inked this puppy:

Look! It's a spoopy punkin! Maybe not so spoopy, but still!

I had... many ideas for how to color this, but none of them worked the way I wanted, so here's just the basic shading I attempted:

basic shading is very basic.

Now, the second thing I'm showing is a massive project that I've started on some truly, outrageously large sketch paper. We're talking the size of the silverware drawer or bigger, here. I'm tentatively calling it "Spooky Scary Psychedelics", for reasons that may become clear to you if you're a hilarious nerd.

Now, clearly, this isn't going to stay this sparse, but this was only the first section I worked on.

Now, usually, when I'm making a bubble drawing, I use a simple code to determine where to put my dots. I've actually got my format sheet right below, so if you're good at puzzles you'll probably figure out what the design is based on.

Photo because Print Screen is for people who've slept and can remember the Quick Keys...

That's all the art from this nerdy birdy, so I guess that just leaves one last thing to say:

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!