Monday, September 30, 2019

Fiber Monday 240: Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

The continuing adventures of a crochet set made to look slightly pumpkin-y

It is unbelievably beautiful today. The sky is that fabulous September Blue (hilarious, since it's going to be October - er - Inktober tomorrow), there's a firm and fridgey breeze, the leaves are starting to turn, my house smells like apple cider, and my feet are freezing. It's perfect. It's all of 51℉ (~10.5℃) with 43% humidity out there. I'm wearing my fuzzy Star Wars pants and thick socks. I'm hunting for one of my sweaters. I'm in heaven. This is the kind of weather I thrive in.

Unfortunately, I also have a fairly hellacious cold that has made my ears clogged and crunchy, my nose sensitive and stuffy, and my chest prone to causing an obnoxious cough. Also heartburn, because now that I'm not in my 20s any more, heartburn has become more or less my constant companion. It's totally not from overdoing it on coffee. Totally not at all.

So of course I had to spend all morning hooking along and making them patterns up so that I will have a completed Pumpkin Spice Set eventually!

I finally ran out of the original orange skein!
The scarf was about 20" long at this point, so I knew I'd have to add in the other orange skein!

I sipped at my cocoa and continued adding row after row until about ten minutes before I started typing - from 8:30AM to noon, I worked on the scarf. It will be some time before it's 100% done, but I can do that during the week :)


Three and a half hours of work provided this section of scarf!
That skein is about the same size as a bigger skein of Red Heart Super Saver, so there's your scale, lol.


I'm never really alone when I work in the mornings, since I always have the kitty to keep me company, and today she was nestled in her bed, making the biggest biscuits and purring like an engine until she was completely conked out. It was truly precious.

And so it is that I leave you with an image of that kitty, sound asleep, nestled in a fluffy bed with a built in blanket fort.

Go Enjoy Something,


FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!