Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 241

Blather commences:

Happy October 1st, everyone! It's the first day of Halloween :P

It's also a gray, drizzly day here at the Blanket Fort. It's 56℉ (~13℃) with 85% humidity. The sky is one solid gray dome against which some very confused trees are waving their branches, dotted hesitantly with fall color. The cat is asleep in a blanket fort of her own. I'm on my second cup of coffee and got my first uninterrupted 6 hours of sleep in over a week! Hooray!

Today being the first of October, it's also a very, very special day, if you're an artist.

It's the first day of Inktober, a month-long art challenge where participants draw one image a day (using ink!) based on a set of prompts!

I participated last year, but I found it difficult to keep things straight in my head because I was also covering previous years' prompts. Not so this year! I'm doing 2019's prompts, and I'm going to do them with an art project I completed this morning.

Meet Inkpad:

That's right, I made my own Inktober Sketchbook!
I've never bound a book before today, and it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but with a little effort and a lot of wasted string and thread, here it is. I took 20 sheets of legal size printer paper and folded them in half to form 5 different quires (and yes I looked that term up and probably still used it wrong). These were then sewn along their edges and then together to form the actual book itself. The edge was then covered in washi tape because that's what I had.

Here's what the Prompts this year are:

  1. Ring
  2. Mindless
  3. Bait
  4. Freeze
  5. Build
  6. Husky
  7. Enchanted
  8. Frail
  9. Swing
  10. Pattern
  11. Snow
  12. Dragon
  13. Ash
  14. Overgrown
  15. Legend
  16. Wild
  17. Ornament
  18. Misfit
  19. Sling
  20. Thread
  21. Treasure
  22. Ghost
  23. Ancient
  24. Dizzy
  25. Tasty
  26. Dark
  27. Coat
  28. Ride
  29. Injured
  30. Catch
  31. Ripe
I have no idea what I'm going to draw for each of these but the plan is that I'll draw each prompt, then post them on my Twitter every day before collecting the ones I've finished so far that week on Thursday (while also updating you on the bubble art!).

Aside from that, however, I'd also like to keep you up-to-date on what I'm doing this week (in addition to Inktober)
  • Tomorrow I'll be writing about AEW, the nonsense I'm hearing about with WWE, and my desperate excitement for new wrestling on TV!
  • Thursday Art Walk will be more bubbles plus three days of Inktober!
  • Filmic Friday will be about Scarface
  • Saturday Casual Gaming is proooobably going to be about a very silly Idle game I just played.
  • Survival Sunday might be something good - we'll see lol
  • Fiber Monday should be the end of our Pumpkin Spice Set, which will be nice. I already have ideas for what to make next, leading into Halloween :)
  • Next Tuesday we'll reconvene at the blog for more updates, lol

So that's the next 7 days!

If you guys have any questions or suggestions for things to do on here, please feel free to leave a comment - I promise, I don't bite, and I try very hard not to be a butthead.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!