Thursday, October 3, 2019

Thursday Art Walk 240: Bubbles and Sketchbooks!

Talkin' bout all the stuff I made!

So, it's been a long week so far, and I'm already tired, but I shall continue on!

I have finished the first three days of Inktober. I made a book. I did more bubble art. I finally managed to watch the first episode of Dynamite. It's been a good, if very busy, week :)

More bubbles!!!
The bubble project is coming along nicely, and while I'm sorry that I didn't get any better shots of it, I am really pleased that it's so far along. It's just under halfway done!

You know what I did finish this week? I made a sketchbook. I know, I've already bragged about it once this week, but now that I've used it, it bears repeating :P

My tiny, tiny hand for creepy scale...

I made the sketchbook for just one purpose: Holding my Inktober art for 2019.

Yes, I wrote the title in pencil.
Yes, I'll ink it later.

And here we see the contents, which indicate three finished drawings!
I mean, it's the third, so it stands to reason, but c'mon!

Day 1's prompt was RING, and while I wanted to make every prompt relate to Spook Patrol, I knew that wouldn't work. No one in Spook Patrol really wears rings...

So I designed a ring.

The faces of the skulls would be the same metal as the band, but the eyes would have
garnet or obsidian in them and the domes of the skulls would be made from pearls!

Day 2's theme was MINDLESS, and since I didn't have it in me yesterday to draw a zombie, I instead drew something equally mindless:

MÓ§th loves Candle...

But today's theme was BAIT, and so I present to you: Bait from the Spook Patrol.

I promise, this all makes sense in context.

There are only supposed to be four people in the photo. There are five. House '93 is an audio recording from a haunted house. The copy of Evangeline, the photo, and the necklace (which is a cowrie shell) all came from the house the recording came from. The only person who could have sent all of these is dead.

Spencer, who received this package and its vaguely sinister note, is thus drawn back to a house he swore he'd never return to. Of the six kids who went in, two are dead, one is missing, one is insane, and one is dying. The last one is Spencer, and even he is not unscathed.


So that's what I've done, art-wise, this week!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!