Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Wednesdaymania 244: HOO BOY...

In Which I Discuss Much Wrestling

I promise, I did an actual Talk About Tuesday last night, but I fell asleep before posting it, so here it is, lol.

With that out of the way, here are my thoughts on wrestling this week/last week:
  • AEW
    • I finally posted my live reactions bc I'm a derp and didn't realize I'd hit "save" instead of "post"...
    • I am so looking forward to both tonight's episode and also Full Gear. It's gonna rock.
    • I hope the internet doesn't poop itself tonight like it did last week during the Joey Janela vs Kenny Omega match. I'm still fuming that I missed that :(
  • NWA
    • Powerrr continues to not be everyone's cup of tea.
    • I dig that - it's wrestling for a very niche group of people, but it's a group who have been utterly ignored for years now, and I love studio wrestling. I love the way fans interact with the program, the slightly-terrified and by-the-seat-of-your-pants nature of the booking... it's very dynamic
    • Aldis is continuing to be God's gift to wrestling, and I love this petty, stupid storyline with Kamille.
    • Aron Stevens is a treasure and must be treated as such, which is hilarious because he also keeps losing. But it's the kind of failing upwards that a true theatrical heel does, so it's hilarious and builds his character rather than diminishing it.
    • The Jobbers on Powerrr continue to be awe-inspiring. Lovely.
    • This is good stuff.
  • MLW
    • Not much to report, bc I'm still not caught up, but I understand that there are some injuries :( That sucks. I like these guys.
    • They did hire a new guy for the writers' room, though, and I hear he's great!
  • WWE
    • Oh man. What can I say that hasn't already been said?
    • The Jordan Myles shirt is inescapably racist, and to have that abomination come out right around the same time as the "I don't care about your stupid feelings" shirt should tell everyone that the WWE are racist as heck and still support the abominable Saudi government and its horrific overreaches of power. This is a Bad Company.
    • I had no idea that ACH (Jordan Myles) had so many problems with Jay Lethal. I could've lived without knowing just how huge a problem ACH has with Lethal :|
    • ACH is absolutely not going to AEW - the Office Boys like Lethal too much
    • While ACH is 100% right to be furious with the WWE for backing him into a corner and basically telling him to like the shirt before revealing it on a black background and solidifying its racist image, he probably shouldn't have turned it into a blast session about everything he's annoyed by.
    • One fury at a time, dude. Let us process each one so we can properly side with you against the obvious racism of a company that thought blackface was okay in the 1990s.
    • On another note, the Rusev/Lana/Lashley triangle storyline is wretched and needs to die a death. Seriously, what is Vince's big issue with letting wrestlers be fricken married?! Leave the Lana/Rusev relationship alone!
    • Also the writing just sucks on this storyline. It's not edgy. It wasn't edgy in the 80s when they tried it with Macho/Ms Elizabeth/Hogan. It's just dumb.
    • Let people have happy relationships. We don't all live in the trailer park with your abusive stepdad, Vince. That's literally just you.
  • IMPACT
    • Where the heck is all this money coming from that they keep buying wrestlers from MLW?
    • Seriously, who is the money mark?
    • And can I get a job? lol
That's my brief take on the wrestling landscape for today. I hope it was at least somewhat coherent!

Hopefully, tonight, I'll be able to write my "Live Reaction" notes as I'm watching and not have to retype them when I get home and then forget to hit "post" again lol!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!