Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 241

In Which I Blather
It's a gray day in the Blanket Fort, and I've gotta say...

I really don't want to get out of bed.

For any reason.

I've been walking around a lot, doing some dog-sitting for a couple of very cute doggos, and since the doggos' house is 1.5 miles from the blanket fort... that's a lot of walking. I'm used to doing about 3 miles per day, but I was doing upwards of 150% that some days, and on one of those days, I managed to walk about 6 miles in one day. It may sound very light to those of you who are physically fit, but that's just the walking that I've done. There was also heavy lifting and slightly limited sleep (I only sleep about half as well as I normally do when I'm not in my own bed, which is apparently normal).

Apparently, this was as much as my body could handle, because when I got home yesterday? I had the world's worst headache. My body hurt. My skull hurt. I felt sick when I ate (which I had to force myself to do). It felt like the flu. I really, really hoped it wasn't the flu.

It wasn't the flu.

I laid down around 7:30PM last night and told myself I was just going to rest my eyes.

I woke up 13 hours later feeling like I was floating on a cloud. I woke up smiling and refreshed and ready to conquer the day.

I got up, got coffee, answered some messages on my phone...

And within an hour I was back asleep with a huge stupid grin on my face. The endorphins are real, guys.

So that's been my week.

Today, I'm having a mild argument with the crows out back over which patches of feed are specifically for them (I left a couple strawberries for the crows) and which ones are for the wild ducks (my mom puts out duck feed) and which ones are just what the squirrels left behind.

It's 59℉ (~15℃), very humid, and mostly cloudy. The cat has mauled my mother, become enamored of the oil truck making a delivery today, and has a new toy that will almost certainly give me a heart attack at some point (it's one that makes noise when you shake it). I've had 2 cups of coffee and I'm working on the third, but I don't think they're working.

Here's my goals for the next seven days:

  • Tomorrow I'll tell you what I thought about last week's AEW Dynamite episode - though it'll likely lack photos, since I'll be posting from my phone.
  • Thursday's blog will be very late since I'll be on the road and, again, my phone hates posting photos to the blog.
  • Friday... hm... we'll see :P
  • Saturday's game is still up in the air.
  • Sunday... I dunno?
  • Next Monday, I hope to have more progress (and leaves!)
  • Next Tuesday, I hope to be more with it when I type.
That's the next seven days in a nutshell! I'm going to finish my cakey blondie and my coffee, top off my water bottle, and snuggle down in the blanket fort until further notice :P

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!