Friday, October 11, 2019

Filmic Friday 241: A Big List of Spoopy Movies!

In Which I List Some Flix

So you're getting started on your epic Halloween Spoopy Movie playlist for that Halloween Party you've been harping on since August 20th.

And your Aunt Mabel promised she'd show up with her adorable home-made witch costume and those killer Pumpkin Bars she makes that you're obsessed with.

Aunt Mabel cannot do the Big Spoops (Slasher films, gore, intense trauma or otherwise anxious movies).

What do?

She's not, like, a six year old or something. She's got some resistance, but she's not down for the hardcore stuff.

You love Aunt Mabel.

You love those pumpkin bars.

So what can you play when someone is a little delicate but not a vanilla cream puff?

Here's some movies that even this relative weenie in the Blanket Fort can watch with joy! Some even have some real spoops in them!

A BIG LIST OF SPOOPY MOVIES YOU CAN SHOW YOUR AUNTIE (OR ME)
  • Kiddie
    • Hocus Pocus
    • Nightmare Before Christmas
    • The Halloween Tree
    • Episodes of Goosebumps
    • Episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark
    • It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    • Monster House
    • Casper
    • Escape From Witch Mountain (+ sequels)
  • Adult, but not the End of the World
    • Universal Monsters
      • Dracula (+ sequels)
      • The Wolf Man (+ sequels)
      • The Invisible Man
      • The Creature From The Black Lagoon (+ sequels)
      • The Mummy (+ sequels)
      • Frankenstein (+ sequels)
    • Hammer Horror Flix
      • Captain Kronos
      • Dracula (+ sequels)
    • The Devil Rides Out
    • House 2: The Second Storey
    • Monster Squad (1987)
    • Episodes of Svengoolie
    • Episodes of Elvira
    • Episodes of Monstervision
    • Some MST3K
    • Shakma
    • Birdemic
    • Psycho
    • Bedlam
    • Episodes of The Twilight Zone (OG)
    • The Happening
    • The Shuttered Room
    • Strays
  • Proceed With Caution
    • Ghostwatch
    • Evil Dead (+ sequels)
    • Shaun of the Dead
    • Zombieland
    • Leviathan
    • Deep Star Six
    • Uninvited (Not to be confused with "THE Uninvited", which is a ghost story/psychological thriller and not a killer cat movie)


I have watched every single one of these movies or shows from start to finish at least once with only two exceptions: Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland. I never finished SotD. I got 2/3 of the way through it and then (spoilers) someone got ripped apart in the fakest, most bloodless way possible, and I had to tap out. I don't know why that was what did it. I just couldn't take it anymore and had to stop. I probably could finish the movie from that point if we literally skipped that guy's death scene, to be honest, but I just never have. I've seen the ending, though.

Since I couldn't finish the silliness that was Shaun of the Dead, I have been unable to watch Zombieland as well. I have seen the trailers and the opening five to ten minutes, but I just... I don't do zombies, guys. I cannot do it. It's a weird squick of mine and I just can't seem to get past it. Pretty much anyone else on earth should be fine with both, though.

Also, confession time, I've got a bunch of absolute garbage mixed in with otherwise good movies on here. There is no universe in which M Night Shayamalan's The Happening is even close to being as good as Bedlam. It's just not even close. It's much closer to Strays and Birdemic. Bedlam, meanwhile, is a fantastic movie from 1946 with Boris Karloff and is a fictionalized story of the actual Bedlam asylum (kind of). It's really good, and you should watch it.

I want to write a bit about each of these films at some point - even the ones I've already blogged about - and that might be next week's Filmic Friday, to be honest :)

That's all from me for today, everyone.

Hope you enjoyed the List Of Films Your Cinnamon Roll Friends and Relatives Can Probably Watch!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!