Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Wednesdaymania 242: Wrestling Is Awesome!

In Which I Blather On Wrestling

I haven't been keeping up as much with pro wrestling as I have been, I'll admit. I've been very tired lately.

However!

I did wind up watching AEW Dynamite last week and actually wrote live reactions to the episode from my phone. I posted them just after the episode, and I'm planning on doing that again tonight. We'll see, lol!

Here, however, I'm planning on just running down things I've learned this week about wrestling!

  • AEW
    • Jungle Boy has 0 problems with Jim Ross repeatedly calling him Jungle Boy Jack Perry/Jungle Jack. If the dude himself has no issues, then we should all just let it go. Chill, peeps.
    • I love that Marko Stunt became "Babysaurus" during this week's BTE
    • I'm excited to see both AEW Dark and Dynamite tonight. Yes, Dark came out yesterday, but I was le tired and have not seen it yet.
    • Darby Allin is a god
    • Kenny Omega went to AAA and got his first title win since NJPW! He's the Megachampion. Also, he got his picture taken in an alley with a dude peeing behind him, lol.
  • NWA
    • I like Powerrr, despite the fact that it's not really my style of wrestling.
    • I like that Damien Sandow is back, though I'm not sure about the Anglicized name he's rocking as Aron Stevens. I get that Aron is his actual name, but... Stevens?
    • Speaking of Aron, he's got possibly the best gimmick and best hold on the crowd in the NWA right now. If you haven't watched the episode yet, go do it so you know why "HE SAID NOT TO LOOK HIM IN THE EYE!!!" is so funny!
    • It's kind of the antithesis of AEW, WWE, Impact, etc - slower Southern style with a lot of great wrestlers and a very different feel.
  • NJPW
    • I don't remember hearing a lot about New Japan this month :| Sorry!!!
  • WWE
    • Looks like I'll never be picking up any of the 2K games... they've got more bugs than a Thanksgiving feast hosted by Timon and Pumbaa...
    • Also looks like the shows are getting even dumber, somehow...
    • And why, why, why would ANYONE DRINK PANCAKE BATTER?!
    • Yeah, I'm probably done with modern WWE.
  • MLW
    • I need to catch up on MLW. They're bleeding talent to Impact, and I'd like to watch some before everyone's gone...
So that's this week in wrestling from yours truly.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!