Monday, October 28, 2019

Fiber Monday 244: Pumpkin Spice Reveal!

In Which I have Finally Finished the Pumpkin Spice Set!
 I bring you tidings of great joy!

I'm done with pumpkin-related accessories! Yay!


Here we see the set altogether - Scarf, Fingerless Gloves, Hat!

My biggest challenge today was finding spots for all the leaves and making several corkscrews to serve as vines. If you're wondering how to make one, here you go:

  1. Make a chain - however long you like or depending on the project at hand. Smaller corkscrews can be super cute, even useful as piggy tails!
  2. Make three (3) Single Crochets in the second chain from the hook and in every chain after. These groups of three will make your corkscrew!
  3. When you reach the end, tie it off. You're done!
Easy enough, right? That's why you see it from me. I'm too lazy to do anything spectacular, lol!


Here's the top of the hat.
I used two different kinds of leaf, so I'm not sure how cohesive it looks, but there we are...

The fingerless gloves have brown along the cuff to simulate a stem (like on the hat)
I had two different sizes of small leaf, so I used those to differentiate one from the other, lol.
The one with a smaller leaf has a slightly longer corkscrew, too.

Finally, we have the scarf, which has also been edged on one end with brown
and has two different leaves and a long corkscrew.
One leaf is actually from a pattern for a coaster, lol!
So that's it for the pumpkin spice project! They're a cozy trio of accessories, so if you're looking for something to make for a present for someone, just pick up an H/8 (5.00 mm) hook, some worsted weight yarn, and check out the previous weeks.

If you're looking for various leaf patterns to work from, I used the search "Free pumpkin leaf crochet" and found a lot of random patterns.

I also basically just gave up and started using maple leaf patterns, lol.

This means that I need to pick a new project!!!

I'm pretty excited, guys :)

That's all from me!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!