Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday Casual Gaming 237: Farm Tiles

Farm Tiles by the_exp


For me, September = Fall, so let's go full harvest-time and play a farming simulator! Real talk, I love super casual games where you grow stuff and nothing can die. I'm pretty scattershot when I play games, so I don't always come back to a particular title fast enough for crop survival. Heck, I hadn't played this game in years by the time I got around to this review. That being said, it was exactly as cute and fun as I remember!


What a sweet little farm simulator this is!

From the moment you start this game up, you know it's going to be a good, chill time. It's silly, it's cute, and it's pretty straightforward. You are a farmer (in Lancashire, if the info on the Kongregate page is to be believed), and you are starting up your farm. Grow some clover. Raise some cows. Make some cheese. Now, there is a goal:

You're preparing a picnic.


That's it. That's your goal. It's how you go about making your picnic that's fun!

Yes, all of these came from hours and hours and hours of gameplay... I suck at gaming.

In order to do anything you need the proper resources. To plant seeds, you need the right amount of gems, which you can get from selling things. The two easiest resources to sell are rocks (which you get from clearing new tiles) and water (which regenerates automatically, or you can get ponds - more on that soon). I like to fill my water completely before selling all of it for a cool 120 gems - 1 gem per water unit.

Eventually, you'll have enough gems for various Seeds - clovers, corn, carrots, radishes, and... worms? These crops can be used, along with water, to feed your Livestock - cows, turkeys, pigs, sheep, and fish. Livestock are an excellent investment, since they're perpetual. As long as you have food and water for them, they'll produce, and milk, eggs, meat, and wool fetch a far better price than water, rocks, or crops.

Of course, if you want to make some real bank, you buy Cogs.

Cogs are machines that take the items your Livestock produce and turn them into other items. You have three milk? Now you have cheese. Three eggs? Fried egg. Three meat? Meat pie. These are worth big money.


They're also the ingredients for the last Cog, which would put together your picnic. It should tell you something about how bad I am at video games that I have never gotten that far. I'm impatient. Regardless, I'm looking forward to finding out if there's anything after the Picnic Cog.

The last little tab is for Upgrades. Your upgrades include Ponds (which produce water when clicked on), rain clouds that help your water auto-generate, boxes to store more things in, and Donks, a cute army of donkeys who help you do things better (they increase how much progress each click is worth). There are other upgrades, but I haven't got them yet :)

If you're looking for a fun game to keep you preoccupied a bit, definitely give this sweet, silly game a go!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!