Monday, July 15, 2019

Fiber Monday 229: Meer skedels

Guess what I worked on today? Can you guess? Can you?

That's right - more skulls.

I managed to get us to 16 new chins across - which is just a little more than last week. I am hoping to get going on this in the coming week. I'm also thinking that this will need a nice press when I finish it. I'll have to look up how to block/press linen, since I believe this is a linen lace-weight thread.



Family-sized box of mac n cheese for scale, lol

I'm still in love with the colors on this shawl. Yeah, the patchiness is a bit weird, but if I'm gonna use a quirky pattern like skull lace, it may as well be in a quirky, weird colorway. It's pretty lightweight, still, too, which will be great when I wear it!

The ball was originally about the size of a grapefruit, and now it's a little smaller than a tennis ball, so I think we're going to have to wrap this up in a couple weeks! How exciting!

Also, it was really nice this morning, even though it was still 70℉ (~21℃) at 0900 (9AM). It's bright and sunny, and since I slept in shorts, I woke up feeling pretty cozy instead of overheated and sweaty. I wasn't the only one feeling pretty good this morning, either...


Look at this lovely, demanding lazypants.

The kitty greeted me when I came down the stairs, staring at me and waiting for me to settle down in the chair with my crochet. Then she hopped up onto the couch and stared pointedly at "her" spot. I know this code. She wanted me to set up a "tent" with one of the heavy fleece blankets. I did it and held the flap open until she decided it was good enough. This is how she looked 30 seconds later!

What a fluff :)

That'll do it for me today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!