Sunday, July 28, 2019

Survival Sunday 230: Baking a Pound Cake

Good afternoon, lovely people! I've just finished uploading the video portion of today's blog to my YouTube channel as I type this! I'm pretty excited about this week's video, and the blog portion. Sadly, I didn't take many photos, since I had to use my phone to film and I hate stitching together video clips in my editing software. I may not have many photos, but I do have this:

Full Disclosure: This recipe was for the Lemon Pound Cake via Domino Sugar.
If you'd like to find the full recipe, it's here. I substituted orange juice for the lemon and it worked just fine! Also, I didn't make the sauce because I don't want diabetes.

Without further ado, here is today's video portion of the blog (forgive the random shot of my foot, please!)





And there you have it! A video with photos of me making a pound cake. It should tell you something that every time I went through the kitchen there was less and less of it. It's a dense, sweet, lovely cake, too, with a light orange fragrance and flavor that really brings summer into your mouth.

The next time I make this, I should also add some shredded candied orange peel and serve it with orange-flavored whipped cream and maybe even some tiny Mandarin orange slices! That would be delightful, I think :)

That's all from me today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!