Monday, July 1, 2019

Fiber Monday 227: Skulls, Skulls, Skulls

I can explain.

These wonky skulls are nowhere near done :(
So, I've only managed one more repeat on the skulls, bringing me up to (I believe) 14 across. There are many, many reasons.
I promise, there is a reason for such feeble progress.
Reason 1) I made the cat a blanket last week. It wasn't much, just a big green granny square. Still, that took up a lot of time.

Reason 2) I made a gift for a friend. This gift was a shark bag, but of course, being a lil' fella, he immediately decided it was a hat. Now I'm making more sharks. Some will be hats. Some will be bags. Some may be both. We'll see.

Reason 3) I'm tired. Like, unusually so. Among the late night crochet-bursts, worrying about cats, heckin' great Pay Per Views, and heat-induced insomnia, I've been getting more and more run down :( Sorry, but I'm a little too tired to spend four or five hours per repetition on the skull shawl.

And yeah, that's Reason 4.

Each new repetition of skulls takes about 4 hours now. I started at 10AM this morning with two and a half finished rows from a previous evening of work, and it still  took me until after 1PM to finish to the "Closing" row.

Basically, it's gonna take some more time than I'd thought to finish the poor thing :P

Thanks for hanging in there with me, though. I'm pretty thrilled with how this has gone.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!