Thursday, July 4, 2019

Thursday Art Walk 227: Happy Independence Day!

It's the 4th of July, which is, of course American Independence Day. It's a day for food, fun, friends, and stupid people losing fingers, limbs, and lives because they shouldn't be around explosives. Yes, someone, somewhere, probably nearby, is going to have a fireworks-related accident. It happens every. single. year.

But you're here for art!

Yes, he's sunburned.
Yes, he's playing with a sparkler.
Be careful, everyone celebrating!

"Sleepy Kitty"; graphite pencil on printer paper; 2019
I'll confess - I traced the outline of the kitten. Everything else? I did that freehand, but the overall outline and eye placement are traced from a video still. I use tracing to help me get proportions correct, perspective, etc. Tracing can be a good tool. I'll try a freehand kitten next time, maybe?

That's all from me today, guys.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!