Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 229



My cat is in her tent again, spread out and snoozing. She looks precious. She played this morning, chasing her feather mouse and her dangly chicken toy, and she's been really sweet. Just looking at her makes me smile, sometimes :)

Slightly out-of-focus, but still sweet!


But you know what today is... it's the day where I just blather on about stuff no one cares about :P


  • Tomorrow I'll be talking about the AEW PPV Fight for the Fallen
  • Thursday I'll be making art!
  • Friday will either be about The Last Black Man in San Francisco or the incredibly silly movie we watched last night with Roddy Piper in it...
  • Saturday will involve some sort of video game...
  • Sunday will involve delicious food!
  • Next Monday I hope to have more skulls
  • Next Tuesday, we'll talk some more about nothing and hang out :)

Today, it's all mostly sunny and hazy skies - I can't tell if it's clouds or poor air quality. It's 80℉ (~27℃) with 49% humidity, there's a stiff breeze, and it smells like a skunk outside. Whether or not that's my neighbor treating her neck pain with... herbal supplements is a matter for someone who isn't completely inept at telling the difference.

I've been thinking a lot about the Nero Wolfe series of books. Not sure why, but it does pop up in my head every now and then. Usually, I'm really okay with that, but right now, that's a little annoying, since I'm trying to focus on The Gimmicksmith right now, and instead, my brain is starting to wander into Hewitt and Dex territory. Now, don't get me wrong, I love writing about gay detectives in 1940s-1950s Hollywood, but I'm trying to actually finish writing a book this year, and I can't do that if I'm constantly being distracted by new ideas for old characters!

All ranting aside, however, I really hope that some day A&E will get off of their butts and release a good version of their Nero Wolfe series. I'm a big fan.

I should probably head off of the internet, since I'm planning to bake, today, and if I don't get it in the oven before my mom gets home, she'll probably be... less than thrilled that I'm making a pound cake. The recipe is from Domino Sugar, and I'm using their lemon variant. Lacking lemons, I'm going to just make the cake using orange juice. That should translate, right? If not... yikes.

I'll let you fine folks

Go Enjoy Something!

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!