Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 231

It's another edition of "The Filthy Casual Talks About the Weather"!

Well, fancy folks, it's hot out and muggy and I couldn't sleep very well last night, so please forgive me if I'm faintly incoherent :)

Today is sunny and hazy, and while we do seem to have a breeze slowly swaying the treetops like some sort of washed-out-chartreuse ocean's waves, it's not doing much to hide the fact that it's 84℉ (~29℃) and about 56% humidity. That makes it feel like 87℉ (~30℃)... and it's getting hotter. I predict we'll hit about 88℉/31℃ or so by 2PM, which will suck.

This week is going to be hard for me, not just because of the heat uptick but also because tomorrow begins the weekend from Hell in this little burb. See, my hometown is on the coast, and there's this obsession with eating everything the ocean vomits into a metal box thrown over the side of a boat. Crustacean celebrations are about to commence, and it's a terrible time to be a local. If you own a business, you get to watch the tourists climb into their cars and go to more glamorous towns to buy things that are overpriced even compared to our inflated values. If you're a local, you can no longer go to work on time because every available cab is catering to out-of-towners who can't find the bar they want to day drink at without someone literally driving them up to the door. You cannot escape the stench of boiled sea bugs. It permeates the soggy air with an undertone of unwashed carnie as the fairgrounds are set up and the Zipper and Ferris Wheel dominate the downtown skyline.

I'll admit, it can be a beautiful sight as the fog rolls in and begins to bloom the lights - neon and incandescence flooding the night - but it's murder to walk near. Public drunkenness laws go out the window, no one can follow the plentiful and clearly made One Way Only signs, and as a pedestrian, it's the worst. If you're going to go eat seafood at a fair in a small town, please take the locals into consideration and be on your best behavior. I'd do the same for you at a sushi festival or a taco extravaganza. Then again, I wouldn't be driving...

Complaints aside, though, I'm kind of looking forward to the coming week. I've got three great movies I can talk about, I've got more crochet to do, I've got art to create, I've got stories to write, I've got wrestling to watch, and I've got games to play... I also need to cook at some point...

Here's this week's tentative schedule:

  • Tomorrow I'll be talking about some of the G1 matches I've been watching (which should be awesome)
  • Thursday will involve art - possibly bread related, possibly sandwich related?
  • Friday will be about a silly movie about evil cats, though I'll have to talk about the Wesley Snipes movie I watched at some point, and I also watched a weird nightmarish murder mystery last night...
  • Saturday could involve pizza, but I'm not sure yet.
  • Sunday is a bit up in the air - I haven't cooked cooked in a while, so there's no recipe currently photographed on my phone. I miiiiiiiight have to fudge things a bit, so I hope you'll forgive me.
  • Monday will result in more skull progress, which I can promise is coming to an end soon because the ball of thread is now about the size of a Clementine.
  • Next Tuesday, I'll yap at you some more about life and the upcoming week.
So how is everyone else doing today? I'm really doing alright, all complaining aside. The AC is on. I have coffee and water. I'm chilling out with my laptop and watching the temperature go up. I do plan on going out today, so that could be... interesting. Hopefully, I'll be able to snag a ride from someone instead of having to hoof it :P

I think that'll about do it for me today, guys. I need more coffee and I'm probably going to go watch some videos for a bit.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!