Monday, August 5, 2019

Fiber Monday 232: 13 Weeks of Skull Shawl

We're 13 weeks in on this shawl!


Over the last 13 weeks, I've learned a lot about myself and about using lace weight yarns. First, I've learned that I love lace-weight yarns, but they're very tedious to work with. Second, I've learned that I don't have as much patience as I thought I would. I've also learned that threat weight yarn snaps under the weight of an excitable cat's curious chewing. Thankfully, that was early enough on that I didn't lose much length!

It was a beautiful morning for working, too - 68℉ (20℃) and breezy! My toes were actually cold as I settled in to crochet some more rows on the ol' Lost Souls shawl.


Apologies for the... uh... it looks like a pantyshot and I did not see that when I took the pic...
Oops.

We've reached over 43" (109cm) in width and 19" (48cm) in length on this project with approximately 17 skulls across. My next row will be a brows/increase row. I'm still enjoying this project, and I'm still working on the purple shrug, but I think I'll have to give up on the Micaela shorts because I cannot wrap my head around that pattern's verbiage :| oops.

If you're wondering what my favorite tapemeasure is, btw, it's either the green one I picked up at my local fabric shop (the one I was using last week) or this one:

It's tiny, it's brown, it's retractable.


I love how tiny this Dritz brand tape measure is. My only complaints are that it makes a very loud ticking sound as you pull the tape out and it has about 3 inches (7.6cm) on the Inch side where there's just... nothing.
But being able to push a tiny white button and have the whole tape roll itself up
is so. freaking. useful. I've had to measure things that were 60" wide and believe me, rolling that
by hand would've been a nightmare. Retractable tapes ftw!

I think I will leave you with this peaceful image of the hellion cat taking a nap on the couch as I worked.

And yes, she slept through the flash.

And as a bonus, here's a giant hole in the sidewalk that I walked past yesterday. No reason, I just wanted to take a picture of it. It's maybe 6" (15.2cm) wide and at least 18" (45.7cm) deep.

That sheer wall is the drainage, I think. Wow.
That'll about do it for me today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!