Saturday, August 10, 2019

Saturday Casual Gaming 232: Unpuzzle

"Unpuzzle" by Kek Studios on Kongregate

When I was little, my dad would hand my sisters and I puzzle books by Dell or whoever and we'd go straight to town, scribbling in answers to logic problems and Sudoku to our little hearts' contents. We still use those books from time to time, even as adults! So thank you, dad, for a lifelong love of puzzle games.

While looking for a game to write about, I stumbled on Kek Studios on Kongregate, and they had what I was searching for: A logical, order-of-operations game called Unpuzzle.


It does what it says on the tin. You undo the puzzle!

With great, relaxing New Age-y music and a clean, minimalist style, Unpuzzle is chill and challenging at once. You are presented with a puzzle and you must swipe away each of the pieces. Some are locked with numbers indicating an amount of pieces you must first remove. Some are blocked in by the tabs and slots on the pieces themselves. Some are unidirectional (as indicated by blue chevrons), some are connected to one another via a blue design in the center, and some can even rotate! Finally, some can even teleport to other locations on the board!

If you're a logic-minded person, you probably already know where to start!
If not, let me get you started: it's the piece next to the one that can't move for 9 moves.

Talk about simple gameplay! This is definitely one of those "minutes to learn, lifetime to master" kind of puzzles, and I'm all about that. I understand there are also Apps on Android for Unpuzzle and its sequel, and I hope they're just as great as the online version! Kek Studios have been on Kongregate for three years (their anniversary was August 2) and all five of their games are simple yet complex and I love it.

Rock on, Kek Studios!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!