Thursday, August 1, 2019

Thursday Art Walk 231

It's Thursday! That means Art!

Today, I woke up knowing what I was going to draw, and I knew it would involve a lot of carbs. Well... imaginary carbs, at least, lol.  It's 81℉ (~27℃) and constantly threatening some sort of storm. Several thousand people lost power last night in other parts of the state due to downbursts, and while the news is crowing about the few hundred who've gotten power back, I know there are far more without. Luckily, we weren't hit with the bad winds, so we're doing just fine here. The AC is running, the cat is sleeping on a towel on the bathroom floor, and I've had two cups of coffee.

Funny story about the cat:

Yesterday, she was hanging around and no one could figure out where she'd gone. She had simply vanished. Usually, that means she's sleeping in the basement, concealed by piles of cloth or holiday decorations, but that turned out not to be the case. I wandered around after finishing the blog - which meant that she'd been AWOL for about 4 hours - until I finally decided to take a bathroom break. While I was taking care of business, so to speak, I heard a soft snore. Huh.

So I glanced at the shower, but she wasn't napping in there, which didn't surprise me. See, she's not a shower-napper and never has been. She is, however, a closet napper.

The bathroom closet was closed and had been most of the day.

Which means that the poor goofy thing had clambered in there and fallen asleep pretty early on in the day and had been shut into a hot closet for hours! There's no AC in the bathroom and the closet was probably a good 85℉ (~29℃)! Poor thing. Still, she showed no interest in leaving, stretching languidly and looking at me like I was a moron for being worried.

And that's the cat story for today!

On to the art:

"Dorkbread"; pencil sketch on legal size printer paper; 2019

I'll warn you that both of these sketches are in-jokes between Z and me. Z calls me "dorkbread" as a nickname, and I wear it proudly. Above is my hasty rendering of that nickname, lol!


"Hoagie"; pencil sketch on legal size printer paper; 2019

This one would take way too much explaining here, so let's just say this: Z has been stuck on Hoagies for a while, and it's become a running joke. I have a few more in-jokes that I'll probably work on, art-wise, including the new obsession with Deep Dish Pizza. Yes, I'm probably drawing a pizza, lol!

I think that'll do it for me today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!