Monday, December 9, 2019

Fiber Monday 250: Purrmaid Week 1

In Which I Attempt a Purrmaid!

I've been following Hooked By Robin on YouTube for a while now, and I just found her pattern for an amigurumi doll called a "Purrmaid". It's exactly what it sounds like - an adorable mer-kitten batting at its own tail, and I was so charmed that I had to start my own!

Now, I didn't know what yarn to use for this, so I used the first two skeins I could easily detangle from my Horde (a Gordian knot of yarns that somehow got mishmashed together during my last [failed] attempt at cleaning up). Those happened to be sock yarn, so we're making a teeny, tiny Purrmaid, and I'm all about the smol.

Here's about half of the head finished

This purrmaid will be made on, as I mentioned, two different random sock yarns I found in my stash and a 2.75mm hook (US size C/2, I believe). I only went as far as the end of the second video (Rounds 1-31), but it's already about half as long as my hook! Adorable!

And the self-striping is kinda cute, too!
I don't know how well these two yarns will actually go together, so I'm reserving the right to dive back into my Horde to find a more appropriate sock yarn to put on here instead of the green/blue/cream concoction I'm using for the tail. It's a pity I didn't have any white sock yarn...

Regardless, this is gonna be heckin cute and I look forward to finishing it as a proof of concept.

The terms/stitches I've needed so far are:

  • Single crochet
  • Single crochet (increase)
  • Single crochet invisible decrease
  • Magic ring
  • color change
And Robin explains everything so concisely that even I, with my severely limited attention span and ear-to-brain learning capabilities, understood completely.

Definitely hop onto YouTube with some yarn, hooks, stuffing, and a cup of coffee or three, because this is a fun lil project to be sure!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!