Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thursday Art Walk 250: 1940s Red

In Which I Draw Another Line Sketch!

Today's theme was "1940s. Red." So I looked up some 1940s decorations and the like and... It was all way more complicated than I could draw. So instead, I gave myself a break and simplified things significantly. Today, we have Dedbert sitting atop a 1940s radio with his tinsel-and-garland strewn tree beside him. It being the 1940s, things are tight. Rationing and the war effort take up a lot of his time, so instead of him having a big tree surrounded by tons of gifts, he's using the top off of someone else's tree and has decorated it to the best of his ability. String tinsel seems to have been a favorite for these trees, and apparently little round baubles have been a mainstay for ornamentation for practically a century (or more?), so he's got a bunch of red ones. They may have been another color that he's painted, to be honest, but he's a frugal guy, so who knows? A red beaded garland and a handmade crocheted tree skirt complete the scene.

What do you guys think is in that gift box?

"1940s Red"; permanent marker on printer paper; 2019

I'm really enjoying this series of images, and I look forward to sharing more with you.

Also, I've mentioned it on the blog here before, but I do, indeed, have a Redbubble shop now! If you've ever wanted to wear my art before, now's your chance without typing out those fateful comments that, unfortunately lead to art theft...

Alright, that's all from me today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!