Monday, December 30, 2019

Fiber Monday: A New Hat For A New Year!

In Which It's The End of the Decade!
Well, it's here. The penultimate day of 2019. Tomorrow is New Year's Eve Day, and this will be the last project of 2019. I'll absolutely have it done by tomorrow.

It's a hat, in case you're wondering lol

The pattern I'm using is called The Aniak Beanie, and it's a very fun pattern to make. I'm probably going to have to use this spiralled shell stitch elsewhere! Made with five easy stitches, this hat is a great advanced-beginner project. All you need are: chain stitches, slip stitches, single crochet, half-double crochet, and double crochet. That's it. That's all you need!

It's taken me maybe four hours to get to about 6.5-7" in height, and the pattern calls for 9.5", so I'm nearly there. It's such an easy repetition that it'll be hard to stop.

I'm using a 5.5mm hook (an I-hook) and Caron Simply Soft yarn, which is a worsted weight. It's obscenely soft. One of my awesome sisters got me the yarn, which is in a colorway called "Sunset Autumn", for Christmas (along with three other skeins, though they're all green!). I kinda like the way the shells look a little like turkey feathers, and this will make an excellent fall hat. I'm not sure if I'll try a pompom - I'm kinda trash at making them.

If you're looking for this yarn, here's some closeups of the yardage and weight, also the color!

It's very cute!

As for why I'm posting this blog as late as I am... well... I had "help" this morning keeping me from the upload:

She's sulking because I won't let her sit on my lap while I work.
Sorry, kitty, I need to be able to lean forward!

And that's it for today's penultimate blog of 2019!

Tune in tomorrow for the final entry, my plans for next year, and the finished hat!

Go Enjoy Something, guys!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!